Wednesday 9 September 2009

Poetry : The lovers in Edinburgh walk very slowly, they should probably hurry up a bit to save me from stress.

It was as if somehow, time had slowed down
As I drowned in the rain watching you bound down
the lane. And with a bump, an abrupt stop,
we could not help but collide into each other.

But then our love ran sour and you had me
walking in the gutter, stuttered at first:
my frustration grew, cursing you
with blue thoughts. Youheld me back and I saw black

I pushed you down hard on the ground because,
you dossed as your feet trawled the streets and making me wait
to meet a mate an Cannongate. You made me late
and filled me with hate. I wished a rape upon you

And you deserved your just desert, because you
Walk in front of me very very slowly

Tom Peel
Feedback welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment