Sunday 24 January 2010

Review: Abacus Danger And The Pits Of Panic

Abacus Danger And The Pits Of Panic

Champo Productions Featuring Lousy, Lewis and Double M

I am not one to advocate taking narcotics, but if you go see this play make sure you are drunk as a skunk or equally as inebriated on any other illicit substance, as then you may enjoy this inadvertent comedy of errors. As this show progressed I couldn’t help but wonder if the cast of this production had ever rehearsed together as I hadn’t seen so much unintentional on-stage carnage since my primary school nativity play: wrong exits and entrances, misplaced props, wigs and wooden acting made it seem as though Alan Ayckbourne had written his most naturalistic and convincing farce yet. The intoxicated audience behind me enjoyed themselves, but this performance made me want a very stiff drink.

The Spaces @ The Royal College of Surgeons, 24 - 29 Aug, 9.45pm, £6.00 (£5.00), fpp 18

tw rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment